WATCH: Ecstacy PSA w/Kaskade, A-Trak, apl.de.ap, Steve Aoki, Z-Trip and Tommie Sunshine (Official Version)
In 2010, following the tragic death of 15-year-old Sasha Rodriguez at Electric Daisy Carnival, the county of Los Angeles formed a Rave Task Force to address the public health and safety issues inherent at large-scale electronic music events.
One of the recommendations made by the task force was to commission a public service announcement (PSA) regarding the dangers of drugs–and especially ecstasy. URB.com was hired to create this PSA, which featured six of the world’s biggest DJs highlighting basic safety techniques and harm reduction strategies when consuming potentially dangerous drugs at these events.
– Rolling on Ecstasy, can cause heart problems, brain damage, stroke, And possibly death!
– Take breaks to cool off. Sip sports drinks or water.
– Avoid energy drinks and caffeine. And don’t mix drugs and alcohol.
– If you or your friends feel hot or sick…it’s ok to ask for help.
– Never buy drugs or accept drinks from strangers…you never know what you may get.
– You can choose to take nothing at all.
Sadly, the political fallout after EDC resulted in this PSA being officially shelved. In light of the recent deaths at the Electric Zoo Festival and other EDM events, we decided this information was too important not to share.
We hope everyone will help spread this message.