From last week’s dreamy podcast, we are now awakened with the sound of kicks and snares courtesy of veteran techno purveyor Heiko Laux. The Berlin-based tactician has been going strong with his tunes since the mid-’90s, releasing through his own Kanzleramt imprint time and time again, while taking detours along the way via the labels of Missile, Damon Wild’s Synewave, and most recently, Ovum Recordings (in a collaborative release with Alexander Lukat).
The subversive elements that reside within Laux’s productions and DJ style are quite evident; as he bends and dilutes the procedural sense of a techno set and sets the mood with unique choices in percussive and sub-sonic rhythms. That’s exactly why we asked him to contribute to our podcast series, as we want people to feel the bending will of the dancefloor in its most naturalistic way; fist-pumping for an hour-plus chunk of time. With that said, we hope you fist-pump and bop your head as much as we did.
01. Limo – Boot Break (Mike Dehnert Remix)
02. Monoloc – Try (Monoloc Edit)
03. Mark Broom & Mihalis Safras – Barabas (Heiko Laux Grind)
04. Offshore Funk – Palm Cove (Rich Jones Deep Dive)
05. Ronan Portela & Ariel Rodz – Among Noise (Jonas Kopp Remix)
06. Heiko Laux – There There [Unreleased]
07. Roman Poncet – Route Of Pain (Truncate Remix)
08. Heiko Laux – The Silent Bass (ROD Remix One)
09. Darko Esser – Clean Slate (Lucy Remix)
10. Mutate – Null (Luis Flores Version)
11. Lewis Fautzi & Nuklear Default – Sinister
12. Pfirter – Ahora (Jonas Kopp Remix)